Tuesday, February 17, 2009
CLA Phone Meeting Etiquette
· If you have one, please use your phone’s mute button, except when sharing. Otherwise press *6 to mute and unmute (Star + 6).
· If you are on a cordless phone, please sit near the base of the phone to eliminate static. If your battery is low, we will all hear a constant beeping.
· You are at a CLA telephone meeting. Please do not do other things while at the meeting. Background noise is very distracting. (There are up to 30 callers on the line at one time.)
· If your location becomes noisy (children, pets, visitors, etc), please hang up, move locations, and call back from a quiet location.
· Some people breathe 'heavier' than others. Most heavy breathers don't realize it. Please use your mute button, or hold the mouthpiece away from your mouth and nose unless you are speaking.
· Do not put your phone on hold during the meeting. This often causes beeping, ringing, or even recorded messages to interrupt the meeting.
· If there is an echo, static, or other interference when you dial into the phone bridge, it is probably your phone causing the disturbance. Please hang up and try another phone, especially if you are using a mobile phone.
By group conscience, the leader (and only the leader) is empowered to interrupt the phone meeting at any time to address distractions.
Berkeley Clutterers Anonymous
You are cordially invited to join us in person!
North Berkeley Clutterers Anonymous Meeting
Monday evening 7:15-8:30 PM
10:00 AM sharp until 11:15 AM
Epworth United Methodist Church
1953 Hopkins Street
Berkeley, Ca 94707
Directions to Epworth:
Epworth United Methodist Church is located at 1953 Hopkins Street at Napa Avenue, near the south portal of the Solano Avenue tunnel.
By Public Transit:
AC Transit local routes 43, 9, and 7 stop at the corner of Hopkins and Sutter (Shattuck Avenue), near the south portal of the Solano Avenue tunnel. (Route FS provides TransBay service, weekday commute hours only.)
From there, it's a one-block downhill walk to the church. Route
15 stops at the corner of Hopkins and The Alameda (MLK Jr. Way), near the North Berkeley Branch Library. Walk uphill on Hopkins past Milvia - the church will be on your left.
Transfer to the 43, 9, and 7 buses at the Berkeley BART station. (Route 9 no longer stops at North Berkeley BART.)
On Your Bike:
The northern end of the Milvia Street Bicycle Boulevard intersects Hopkins Street, just a block from the church.
From Major Highways:
From the Eastshore Freeway (I-80) take the Gilman Street exit and continue eastward until Gilman intersects with Hopkins. Turn left and proceed uphill on Hopkins. You'll pass Monterey Foods, MLK Middle School, and the North Berkeley Branch Library on the way.
From Highway 24, take the Tunnel Road exit, and proceed west on Ashby Avenue to Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. Turn right on MLK, drive north for about two miles, then right again on Hopkins.
Second Tuesday: Speaker Meeting
Third, Fourth, Fifth Tuesdays: CLA Literature
Our blog at http://berkcla.blogspot.com/ exists to achieve the goal of the 5th Traditon: "Each group has but one primary purpose; to carry its message to the person who still suffers."
We have a Google Group for email discussions!
Isolation and shame are two major factors from which many clutterers suffer. Sometimes it takes a long time to really see improvements in our physical clutter and our thinking. We welcome you! You are taking a bold step forward and you are not alone! Remember: Progress, not perfection! The information posted here, the tools, readings, phone meetings and resources support us all in our process to recovering from cluttering.